Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I need to rant again.

What is it like to be beaten again and again and again? Hard to swallow, very. Give up? Tempting... but I don't want to make it an option. People give up because the fear of being disappointed is too much to stomach. I given up one too many times because I did not have the courage to face the possibility of failure?

I bounce back like india rubber, I always do, but each time I become a little different.

I am confused. My friends say I complicate my life and I know that they are right. When did I start becoming this way? Suddenly, I realized that I have forgotten what it is like to be happy. When things were simpler, I was happy. The issues that bothered me then is how much I weigh and how I look.

I was an avid advocator of keeping life simple, then it hit me that I don't practice what I preach anymore. I forgot how to appreciate what I already have and the simple pleasures in life. How did I lose myself along the way man? I was blinded by something, and I was surrounded by darkness.

Enough of this shit. Gonna snap out of this and stop being so hard on myself. Approach life with a carefree attitude and start going with the flow again... just as I always have when I made my life simpler. Do what I have to do and the rest is up to God. Leave it in His hands and have faith that whatever happens is probably the best outcome that can be.

2 comments:

Elsa said...

lil' up and down in life. It's smth that many of us would often go through, blind by things that were then so real to us.

learn to go with the flow but not forgetting ur own principle in life, sometime it can be a blessing in diguise. perhaps u were then searching for some perfection in life, so who say we can't have simple life while seeking for perfection.. it all matters when we can differentiate the right kind of wrong and to the direction that will eventually lead us to attain our goals.

bottom line, life is all about experiencing and learning.

continue and God will path ur way.. =)

Vanessa said...

Hi Elsa,

You're so right, seeking perfection complicates life.

I won't be so hard on myself anymore, I will just live my life the best I can.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, I'll bear them in mind.:)