Monday, January 23, 2006

My evening run lasted a mere 15 minutes, needed to let off some steam from a snowballing chain of events that has been causing me a considerable amount of frustration. I must have been really pissed off because in that short time, I covered quite a distance. I ran like a raging bull and was very short of breath from over-taking other runners just for the hell of it.

Speaking of being breathless, I can feel the onset of an asthma attack again. I could only fill up 70% of my lung capacity with air when I was running today. The culprit is probably the the occasional cigarette which I enjoy with my drinks and chill-out sessions. But these few days, they amount to quite a few. I should really put a stop to it before I get hooked and be dependent on them.

So I had to put in much more effort than usual as I huffed and puffed my way along, breathlessness coupled with a serious case of inertia that made my legs feel like they had leaden weights on them.

Anyhoo, there is this certain sense of satisfaction in overtaking people, even though I nearly killed myself in doing so today. It felt good though... I guess I am naturally quite competitive when it comes to running, sports or anything for that matter. If I am not good at something, I will most probably hate it.... heh;p

Listening to some classical piano music now, feel so inspired to run my fingers over my piano and start playing. The harmonious flow of music and seamless meshing of background and melody is a work of art. Simply amazing when you think about it... I should be more consistent with my practice...

Distractions... always a Gemini's worst enemy.

No comments: