Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ever since I made up my mind to embark on this journey, I have been continually challenged, every step of the way. It has not been smooth and I have had to prove myself time and time again. On a few occasions, I would lie in bed and be suddenly seized with a cold fear and a niggling doubt at the back of my head. It is during those times that I feel very weary and dejected, especially when I have to struggle with my ego and humble myself. However, but my fighting spirit refuses to give up.

Although, my previous occupation has given me more than a fair dose of humility, my pride still burns strongly deep inside me. My ego does get the better of me sometimes but I am getting better at managing that. Throughout the years, I have learnt many precious lessons and have had many opportunities to grow in character, strength and wisdom. I believe that the mini trials that God has put me through will prepare me for the bigger picture that only He sees.

Many times, I have asked God why, but I have come to realize that I have just got to trust in Him with all my heart. Only He knows why and I will never be able to understand His master plan for me. All I know is, He has always delievered in a way that He sees fit. For whatever I do not get now, I always get something better in the end.

On the whole, I would say I have been very lucky indeed. I have had my some minor setbacks but the destination at the end is still clearly within sight. Maybe I might take a little slower than the majority, but I know I will get there.

No comments: