Sunday, July 23, 2006

And here is another meaningful quote from the book I am reading:

As we evolve, we finally come to a state of detachment where we have little expectation of outcome, trusting the universe will always get things right. This happens in a way we can neither plan nor predict.

Detachment, a feeling very well... Somehow in the process of struggling to understand myself, I learnt how to detach myself emotionally from things in life which can potentially hurt me. Instead of letting myself get upset or angry, I take a step back and look on with the eyes of a third party.

I was one explosive chili padi lah, I had quite a temper. People have commented that I have mellowed down a lot and that is a good thing. If detached, anger is a tool, If attached, you become its tool. Anger is destructive.

How very true indeed. I'm off to Taipei now, will be back very soon!

Much love... Van.

No comments: