Monday, July 10, 2006

Be careful, I feel snappy, so sue me.

The jubilant mood I was in earlier this morning when Italy won the World Cup has long dissipated and I was in a foul mood when I woke up. PMS lah...

No, I did not wake up on the wrong side of the bed coz my bed is built-in against the wall. So there is only one fucking side I can possibly get out of bed from. Whoever came up with the expression, 'waking up on the wrong side of the bed' absolutely does not make any sense.

For the life of me, I really cannot remember why some people use the word 'soothing' to describe me. If anyway, I feel abrasive and snappy. There is always this perennial angst beneath the calm exterior and cheerful disposition that I potray.

One can only compartmentalize their feelings for so long. It is something I am good at doing but it does not solve anything. It only serves to make me get on with my life but sneakily creeps up when you are not in the mood to deal with it, especially 2 weeks before that time of the month.

Truth be told, even though things seem to be going rather well for me at the moment. I am fighting a very hard battle with my emotions and inner demons. Isn't it a scary thought? You look at someone, and he/she appears normal. What you don't know is that this person is trying to quell her darker side and he/she might be crying out for help. Most people miss it and then that person might just spiral out of control.

Sometimes you don't have to say too much, just being there and understanding is good enough. Miko does it best, all she does is just come up to me, nuzzle me and rolls over for me to rub her tummy. Something as simple as that can make you smile.

A number of good conversations and a phone call made me laugh and brought the twinkle back in my eye. Alrightie now, gotta get ready for work very soon man, Amsterdam, here I come!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya babe,

no time to read all your blog, but I noticed your sight-seeing in London...and no call!! ;)next time perhaps, and I'll shout you a slice of carrot cake...

...happy b'day by-the-way!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hiya babe,

not time to read all your blog, although I did notice your sight-seeing in london...no phone call!! ;) next time perhaps, and I'll shout you a slice of carrot cake...

...happy b'day by-the-way!

Jamie

PalliativeDrug said...

I AGREE!!! you see what PMS can do to us women??? WE have the RIGHT to be cranky!!!

Anonymous said...

Issit a typo or does your PMS really come 2 wks before your period? =) You meant 2 days right?

Vanessa said...

Jamie: You're still around! I can't believe it, after all these years!

Thanks for the belated birthday wishees:) I will e-mail you.

Jeanie: Yeah it really, really affects us women and I cannot help it! Still I think I did a very good job in being sincerely pleasant hehe:)

And I did not have the urge to kick anyone in the nuts, YET.

Paul: No there was no typo error, hehe:) It is 2 weeks, but don't worry, I have been in a good mood lately, just very uncomfortable...

Anonymous said...

wonder what will happen if men have PMS ?

aug