Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Behold my latest obesession. ASUS W5F.

Simply lovely! I finally got it after falling in love with it over a year ago.

I wanted to buy this baby 3 times but I each time, I stopped myself because it was just a tad too expensive. Anyhow, I ended up buying this notebook in Taipei yesterday.

It was an excellent deal because I got it $500 cheaper, that's half a grand of savings mind you. The operating system was orginally in Chinese, but the helpful staff changed the entire system to English for me. It comes with an international warranty so should it cock up on me, I can get it repaired at the service centre here in Singapore.

There are some slight differences though. The key pad has the strokes of Chinese characters on the keys, and the plug is different, it is meant for use in Taiwan. However, I got that sorted out by buying an adapter this morning so I am happily charging the battery now as I am typing this.

=)

But the instruction manual is in Chinese... but I am sure I can figure out how to use the notebook without much of a problem. It is relatively idiot-proof.

Yay! I am very happy with it!:) Well, the good things ARE worth waiting for. *wink*

No comments: