Friday, July 07, 2006

It was no easy feat. In a nutshell, I was wasted and freaking exhuasted.

Doing a Hong Kong turn while nursing a bad hangover is so NOT funny. I met up with one of my dear gal friends for drinks and downed 5 glasses of red wine in rapid succession. We ended up having 2 US coast guards as 'bodyguards', they kept unwanted attention from other men at bay.It would be a very bad idea to mess with them anyway.

I was approached by a stranger yesterday and ended up talking to him for more than an hour. We deviated from the usual professional jazz about investments to life, dreams and relationships. He said something which really struck me and made me see some things in a totally new perspective. He said that we should choose our battles in life and that it is not necessary to win all of them, but enough so that we win the war. It was a very interesting conversation and just one of the weird encounters that has been going on in my life lately.

Please bear with me while I backtrack. The six degrees of separation is the theory that anyone on earth can be connected to any other person on the planet through a chain of acquaintances with no more than five intermediaries. I am beginning to believe that this theory is true. I came back from Adelaide on Tuesday and I swear that most of the crew were connected some way or another. It is really uncanny. The fucking world is getting smaller.

I am very upset about something though... I noticed that Nicky's right eye is cloudy when I came back from Adelaide. My parents and I brought him to the vet yesterday and the vet confirmed my fears. Nicky has a cataract and he may be going blind in one eye. The operation will cost about 4 grand, bloody hell, more expensive than LASIK. Poor Nicky... I saw the look on his face, he knows something is wrong with him. *sigh* He has always been such a darling and he is only 4 1/2 years old and he is too young to be getting this condition. Why must this happen to him now? Must get the charming Dr. J.T to be his eye surgeon lah.

My heart is quite heavy at the moment. Dear Nicky, I will always love you, no matter what...

2 comments:

PalliativeDrug said...

I'm sorry to hear about Nick... :( It is very sad to be going blind.

But... that part about Dr JT... ... ... *ahem*... anywayz...

I hope everything goes well for you... take care, girl..

Anonymous said...

may god bless him.

aug