Friday, April 29, 2005

ARGH!!!!!!!! It happpened AGAIN:) That's right, just when I was happily typing out my thoughts for the day, my comp crashed, for the the 5th time today and now it is lagging so badly that it takes 2 seconds just for my sentence to appear. My train of thought is totally interrupted thanks to this little technical fault. My bro had better do something about it... He has slightly better knowledge of computers than I do.

Now to set the tone for this blog. I was saying that I met up with a good friend of mine, Allan in Leicester Square. It was a long awaited meeting, albeit a rather short one. We caught up a little over lunch but he had to leave early as he's having his exams. It was fun to roam the streets of London alone. It was almost surreal and it was an altogether interesting realization that I was ok being alone.

For the record, I was always someone who needed company, even more so when I'm out station coz I have a fucking poor sense of direction. That aside, for as long as I can remember, I always had to have someone with me, be it a b/f, friends, colleagues. Fucking hell, I thought I would be lost if I wasn't in a relationship. How silly is that? Gawd... I needed other people's approval and depend on them, often at the expense of my own happiness. I also cared a lot about what others thought or said about me. Cared so much to the extent that it would be very easy to put me down if you knew me well enough. On top of that, I'd be affected for days and possibly for life. How? Coz it would come back and haunt me the days when I am feeling the lowest of the low. Anyhoo, screw all that now, I realized that people like me for just being myself. I didn't need to live up to other people's expectations of me. From now on, screw it, I am gonna live my life the way I want it, as long as I am happy, having fun, responsible and considerate towards deserving people. Good, clean fun that is, in case you were wondering...

Sudden realizations that you could be so much more than what you are now as long as you put your mind to it can be oh-so-empowering. It is like this super dose of confidence and euphoria much like 'runner's high', the feeling you get after a nice, long run. It's great... subtle confidence is alluring and it puts a smile on your face Also it makes people feel comfortable and like being around you.

Ahahahhaha, am drifting again as usual, need to shackle all my thoughts together so I can be more focused. Anyhoo, my bro was to re-format the comp now. Later!

No comments: