Saturday, April 30, 2005

There was once a pawnshop run by Devil's disciple. He accepted no physical stuffs, but things that money can't buy. A man whose mother couldn't get along with his wife walked into the shop. He begged to pawn his career advancement for his family harmony. Not much later, he met with an accident, left him paralysed. He couldn't move anymore, let alone work. He was wheelchaired bound and both his wife and mother had to set their differences aside to care for him. Now that this man's wish came true with his dreamed family harmony, is he any happier?


I received this msg from someone on Friendster and I found it very interesting coz it made me think. Do we really want something so badly that we're willing to give up something else... Only to have it backfire on us in such a way that we get what we want in the end, but in a god damn twisted way... It gives me the chills down the spine for some reason... Isn't it so obvious, the gist of this story is to be careful what you wish for. How many times have we heard that warning but not heed it? And when we do, we let something good pass us by, only to realize it's too late.

Is it a good thing to be overly cautious? I'm still debating that. I wish I could live for the moment. Do whatever shit I like, with no consequences whatsoever. But I am scared, I ain't got the balls to pursue what I want. That's just a figure of speech btw... I have to suppress my natural tendencies, to go all out coz inside, I'm just afraid. Proceed with caution with regards to everything, to all the decisions I choose to make.

I always ask myself, should I just live my life to the fullest so I'd have no regrets... so that I won't have to look back 10 years later and think damn, I should have done that when I was younger. Or should I just take the wait-and-see approach to everything and let opportunities slip me by, but with lesser chances of failure... That's one of my fears, to be a failure... so much so that I don't dare to dream, or to realize my full potential. It's so mind boggling... If only I had an answer for everything... I need inspiration, I wish someone would give me the inspiration to change my life...

Speaking of which, I caught the movie, Coach Carter yesterday... It is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I am a sucker for movies that inspire and motivate me. In introspect, it'll be nice to have a 'Coach Carter' in our lives. A person who does not believe in succumbing to a system that is designed for us to fail. A person who sees everyone's true potential and teaches us that we can be so much more if only we reach out to it. I believe I need someone like that in my life. Someone to motivate me... A push is all we need, and the rest is up to us.

Do I dare to dream? I don't even know what I want...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do I dare to dream? I don't even know what I want."

Yeah, join the club.

jpt said...

hmmm a very thoughtful message u got there... well... i guess everyone goes thru ups n downs really rapidly... but then again i know u r a strong gal... so just brave whatever comes ya?? =)
*hugz*

Anonymous said...

The only place where dreams are impossible is in your own mind.

Anonymous said...

Do it trembling if you must,but do it !

Anonymous said...

You are never given a wish without being given the power to make it come true.