Monday, July 04, 2005

Have not been updating for a few days, got whisked away from Singapore at very short notice. Guess what? I got activated to fly to Auckland, just got back from the 4 day flight last night! Bye bye Dubai-Istanbul... they disrupted my flight, but oh well, it happens.

I am partly to blame too, went out on the day I was on standby. Damn unfortunate to be activated, at such short notice too. Was disorientated and my nerves were totally frazzled. Managed to reach the control centre just before the briefing started coz there was a jam on the PIE. I painted my nails in the cab and it was in a mess, even managed to get nail polish on my handbag too hehe:) What a dork...

Had to hide my hands from the crew in the lift to the control centre by wearing a big, friendly smile and hiding my hands... then rushed straight to the toilet to scrape the excess polish off my cuticles. It's a tough feat trying to be nonchalant about doing it when crew were walking in and out of the toilet. Man...

Full load both ways, big surprise there... I'm being sarcastic of course, it's almost always a full load. There were a lot of English people on the flight. They were all travelling to Auckland to see a big rugby match, Lions vs. All Blacks. I had to work really, really hard but it was a pleasant flight overall, both ways. Singapore Sling was such a popular drink that we had to prepare 64 glasses of the cocktail. LOL;p

Oh, in my previous entry, I said I didn't like kids very much, I'm tolerant of them at most. It's weird but they don't seem to share the same sentiments about me. There was a kid on the flight back to Singapore. He had a really bad panic attack when the plane was about to take off and all. I was quite scared coz he kept screaming and saying he wants to get off the plane and I didn't know what to do, to be honest. His mom couldn't calm him down at all. I did the best I could and to my astonishment, he calmed down and he seemed comforted by my words and my presence. The mom was asking for me again when we were about to touch down... she said I had a magic touch. He was getting jittery again, the poor boy. True enough he calmed down when I spoke to him again. This is so strange considering I am really not good with kids at all, I mean I don't even know how to play with them or entertain them... On handling the situation, the fact that I am able to do something to make another person feel better gives me a good feeling...

I am beginning to fall in love with New Zealand. Some day, I'd love to migrate there. I can't explain it, I feel so at home when I'm there, it's a great place, I like everything about the country.:) Peaceful and laid-back, my kinda life...

3 comments:

Ailin | The Bitch said...

Hello, glad u are fine and flying again! hehehee..

where to find those naval accessories? SO NICE!!!

Anonymous said...

BeaTS being called up for the KL-CGK nitestop rite!! Reading ur blog brings a smiley to me!

Besides bringing comfort to ur pax,you comfort ur readers too!your unpretentious writing makes visiting your blog a joy!

Thank You Vanessa!
:)

Vanessa said...

Hiya!

Chendol:
You're most welcome! I should thank you for your really kinds comments:) I'm happy that you enjoy reading my blog! Maybe you should consider blogging too? It's a good way to update your friends on your life:) Cheers!

Ailin:
Nice right!!! I still have not ordered them yet... because I have way too many navel rings. Order together lah! You can get it at http://www.bodycandy.com